Permanent makeup is linked to cosmetic tattoos that help you recreate your particular makeup look in a semi-permanent way. It is a type of tattoo in which the pigment is embedded in the top layer of the skin, and can be applied by a variety of tattooing techniques, including custom tattoo or coil machines, rotary or pen machines, and manual.
It’s essentially a cosmetic tattoo approach that creates filled-in brows, crisp eyeliner, and tinted lips that can last for more than a year.
It is also known as Micro-pigmentation or Permanent cosmetics which are used to improve coloring on your skin. It is frequently used on the face to enhance eyebrows, eyelashes, eyelids, and lips.
How is the process?
This process is just like getting a tattoo. Aesthetician applies permanent makeup using a needle that penetrates your skin and releases pigment. Before starting the treatment your Cosmetologist will confirm that you have no allergic reaction to the pigment that be used that they will get a patch test on your skin. After that, you will choose the color, based on instructions and suggestions from the facial artist.
The technician will then use a sterile operative pen to outline the area to be tattooed and then put an anesthetic gel on your skin.
Using a hollow, vibrating needle, the technician will apply the pigment to the top layer of the skin. Every time the needle punctures the skin, a small drip of pigment is released into the hole the needle makes. You will feel a slight stinging.
After receiving permanent makeup, it takes about three weeks for the color to fade to its permanent umbrage.
At first, the color will likely look dark and shiny. The neighboring tissue will be swollen and red. You can use a cold compress to reduce swelling and antibiotic cream to help prevention infection.
Important Tips after Treatment
- Use a fresh pillow while sleeping.
- No other treatments like facials, botox, and microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a week.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure.
- Avoid long, hot baths for the first 10 days.
- Avoid temporary makeup and sunscreen on the area.
Benefits of Permanent Makeup:
- Save your lots of time in the morning.
- You can look your best all the time.
- Your skin will look picture-perfect.
- Helps in improving your facial symmetry.
- Reduced spending on eye makeup.
- Helpful for Allergic and Skin Sensitives.